Welcome to the Pelorus Trust online application
The Pelorus Trust is a charitable trust based in Lower Hutt which raises funds for charitable, philanthropic and sporting purposes through the operation of gaming machines. We are a mid-sized gaming trust operating machines from hotels and taverns between Far North District and Marlborough.
The Trust maintains an open and equitable funding regime that enables non-profit organisations such as sports clubs, cultural groups, and community-based societies or trusts to apply for funds through a transparent and efficient application process
Pelorus Trust provides Grant support for any Applicant if their location, or event/activity location is in an area where we have venues. Click this link (https://www.pelorustrust.net.nz/gaming-partners/venue-list/) for a full list of our venues. PLEASE check your locations against the list provided in the link. You may still be eligible if your project/activity address is in an area we support even if your physical address is outside those areas.
Criteria for applying: Pelorus Trust only supports not-for-profit grant applications. If your application is for profit, we would not be able to approve your grant application. Before making your application, please review the criteria for being able to apply for a grant and the list of materials that requires uploading and all relevant information needed to complete your application. This is all contained in the FAQ's in the toolbar above.
Throughout the progress of your application, you will need to upload multiple documents in order to complete the application process. To view which documents you will be required to upload, please review our FAQ's, located in the toolbar above. We suggest that you have the documents scanned and ready to go before you commence your application.
In undertaking an application, you will see the below icon appear above questions. Please click on the icon and read the information before completing the question.
We have 22 grant rounds per year. Limited rounds over October/January.
- Completed grant applications must be received by the Pelorus Trust Grants Office on or before the closing date shown on the website. (enter link here)
- The Board meets to consider all applications received twice a month.
- Any application submitted after the closing date will not be considered until the next round of funding is open.
- We endeavour to respond to our applicants within 7-10 working days of the grant round.
Please read the following information:
- All communication regarding your application will be sent to you by email, through our online system.
- You may re-enter your application at any time using the return link that will be sent to you.
- Each step must be completed in full before you can save and navigate to another page.
- Please use any of the following internet browsers when making an application, although we recommend using google chrome:
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 9 or higher.
- Once your application has been submitted, we will send you a confirmation email acknowledging receipt of the application.
- Once you have submitted your application, an email will be sent to you, so you may track its progress.
Let's get Started
You must CLICK on the PELORUS TRUST GRANT button below and commence your application.